Welcome to Kisholoy Children's Hospital
Today, under the philosophy and guidance of Dr. Asraful Mirza, Kisholoy Children’s Hospital have become the FINEST and MOST ADVANCED Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Burdwan, West Bengal.
The care of prematurely born, and low birthweight babies ( weighing under 2.5 Kg at birth ) is a delicate task, arduous, needing advanced technology, life support devices, and highly skilled nursing. Survival of these small infants often weighing less than 1 Kg at birth is dependent on three factors : a ) advanced infrastructure, b ) highly skilled professional medical availability 24 Hours a day, and c ) skilled nursing, and diagnostic and multispeciality medical support .
With increasing infertility amongst the affluent and working couples, the boon of affordable ART or Testube Babies as was commonly referred to earlier ( Assisted Reproductive Technology – IVF, ICSI, IUI, etc ), more babies and multiple pregnancies ( Twins, Triplets, etc ) are being born everyday in India. These babies are usually born prematurely, and are small, immature and very precious&& as they are the end result of the medical, emotional and psychological ordeal these couples have had to endure to achieve their goal. After birth, many of them need specialized and advanced neonatal intensive care.
At Kisholoy Children’s Hospital : the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is one of the largest and busiest in the country, fully equipped with incubators, open infant care systems, ventilators ( artificial breathing machines ), infusion pumps, phototherapy units, multichannel cardiorespiratory monitors, and all ancillary support equipment.
• Neonatal Intensive Care for VLBW infants and ELBW
• Neonatal Intensive Care for near term and term infants with serious medical and surgical
• Life Support Systems : conventional mechanical ventilation, CPAP systems, High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation, Inhaled Nitric Oxide
• Cardiovascular and Hemodynamic Support Systems : full hemodynamic monitoring with Invasive Umbilical Arterial and Umbilical Venous blood pressure monitoring, infusion pumps ( stack pump systems ).
• Advanced Servo controlled Incubators and Open Infant Care Warmers
• Phototherapy Systems and Exchange Transfusion : Single / Double Surface Phototherapy with CFL
• Continous Nasogastric and Nasojejunal Feeding in selected
• Neonatal Surgery : Cardiac, Neurosurgical, Renal and Urological, Gastrointestinal , Limb and Congenital Anomaly surgery all UNDER one roof !
• Neonatal Follow Up and Developmental Screening : Special Clinics to monitor and detect abnormalities of growth, hearing, brain development and progress for babies discharged from our Unit, as well as to cater to babies from other units and hospitals
• Newborn Screening For Metabolic Disorders : Special tests to detect inherited and genetically transmitted diseases in
• Advanced 24 Hours Newborn Emergency Transport Ambulances : We are equipped with tadvanced ambulances to retrieve sick newborn babies with full life support at anytime of the day or night.